This is a coach tour that will leave Barton le Clay on Saturday 25th May and return on Tuesday 28th May 2019.
We will stay in the vibrant city of Leiden. Leiden is a beautiful city set about half way between Amsterdam and The Hague with typically Dutch architecture lining the canals that wind their way through the cobbled streets of the city. Parks, squares, shop and cafes galore, there’s plenty of places to perform come rain or shine.
The tour is being organised through Rayburn Tours who say “Perfect for all types of ensembles with varying repertoires, a concert tour to Holland offers groups the opportunity to
play in a wide range of venues, from bustling market squares to impressive churches. Complementing the concert venues and a delightful tour base is an exciting mix of cultural exploration, from visiting unique art galleries and fascinating museums to even stadium tours. Learning about the extensive history of Amsterdam and the surrounding area is rewarding enough on its own, but coupled with the cultural background and charming aesthetic, the region offers a truly memorable concert tour.”
We hope to play 3 concerts – with venues to be confirmed- with options including:
- St Anthony and St Nicholas Church – Located in the centre of the picturesque town of Monnickendam, this Catholic church is a great venue for all ensemble types. This charming venue guarantees a very loyal audience as the town bells will ring to signal the start of the concert and the locals will flock to the church!
- De Efteling Theme Park – The enchanting world of Efteling is full of adventure, imagination and excitement and your ensemble can perform in its magical, musical walls! Combine a unique performance opportunity with a day of theme park fun. At Efteling, there’s magic all year round – whether you choose to enjoy the Fairytale Forest in its autumnal splendor or in its winter-wonderland glory, the magic is ready and waiting for you!
- English Church, Amsterdam – Situated in the heart of Amsterdam, the English Church is a lovely performance setting and has welcomed concerts from choirs since the 1970s. Attracting a loyal and regular audience of concert goers, your ensemble will be warmly received at Engelse Kerk.
- Markt, Delft – This bustling market square in the centre of Delft is the perfect performance spot for groups, particularly bands. Surrounded by cafés and restaurants, and bordered by the New Church and Town Hall, the square attracts locals and tourists who will stop and listen to toe-tapping tunes!
- Stadhuisplein, Leiden- The Town Hall of Leiden opens up onto the picturesque square of Stadhuisplein. Overlooking the canal, this quaint spot becomes a hive of activity during the summer months when visitors come to the area to lounge in the sun, drink coffee as the local cafes and listen to bands. From concert to jazz, all genres are appreciated by the locals!
The cost of the tour is £505 per person based on 2 people sharing a room and there is an optional single room supplement of £45 per person per night. This covers:
- Use of a 49 seater executive coach
- Return channel crossing
- All road tolls and expenses
- Use of the coach for all excursions subject to European Union Drivers Hours Regulations Accommodation & Meal Arrangements
- 3 nights’ accommodation at 3* Best Western City Hotel Leiden on a Bed and breakfast board basis
- The group to be accommodated in twin rooms with en suite facilities
- First meal included in your tour will be breakfast provided the day after arrival day and the last meal included in your tour will be breakfast on departure day
- 3 performances tailored to your group’s individual musical requirements. A performance may be a full concert, participation in Mass/service of worship or a Cathedral recital
- Venue hire and all performing rights and copyright fees
- Publicity and advertising of concerts, where permitted
- Piano and/or organ use where provided by the venue Insurance
- Group travel insurance is included for passengers up to 85 years
- Musical Instrument insurance (increased baggage cover up to £2,750 per person with £750 single article limit)
For flautists joining us for the tour there will be a Play Day in May (date to be confirmed) and a pre-tour evening concert in Toddington, Bedfordshire, on May 18th 2019.
To book your place we just need a deposit of £75 by October 29th – so hurry, book now!
For payment details and a booking form click here.